Thursday, May 11, 2017

Happy Mother's Day 2017

Mothers....
I IS one, and proud of it.  I have given birth, changed a kazillion diapers, bought matching outfits, taken them to guitar lessons, dance lessons, tap lessons, sat at a hundred football games to watch Philip score that one touchdown in pop warner, and watch Stacy shake her Pom Poms, and watch Sarah flip a flag or two.  I have sat in doctor offices for shots, colds, strep, stitches, and even in the ER when Philip crammed a bead up his nose at age 2.  Have cleaned up, wiped up, and cleaned up all over again these 3 kids who could get dirtier than a rodeo after a rainstorm.
I have made 10,864 meals...give or take a few.... fried chicken, potatoes, and made enough gravy to swim to Tahiti and back. Washed dishes, clothes, sheets, and shrunk a few things along the way. 
I have kissed boo boos, applied bandaids, rubbed backs, and rocked many to sleep....it’s all in a day’s job...and I wouldn’t trade it for all the tea in China.
I have cried at every graduation, every wedding, every birth, miscarriages, still births, and whatever life has thrown my family’s way. My heart has broken a time or two, but God heals it every time.
I was made for this Mom gig and now it appears I have gone from Mom to Majo overnight to 8, going on 9 grandkids!  
So as Mother’s Day approaches, I need to lift up my tea glass to my own Mother. Her gray hair is thanks to me...and she did a good job raising me, if I do say so myself, and I do!  She is where I get my wit, my lousy jokes, my accent, my cooking skills, and my love for Jesus.

So Lord, bless this Sunday and bless all the Mom’s and their children.  You have certainly poured your blessings on my head, to which I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment