Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Respecter of Weeds

It happened just the other day.  My friend, Mr ROUNDUP, from Home Depot, and I went around the yard spraying. Weeds have a way of growing right out of a small crack in the driveway.  Ya gotta give them a lot of credit for their tenacity.  They don’t give up....always fighting to break out and take over.  We do this spraying quite a lot to try to stay on top of things.  But as things happen, I have shirked my duties and got behind the 8 ball.
Not everything can be taken out by Roundup.  Joe called my attention to some flowers on our side yard where the weeds had taken over big time.  This called for HANDS ON treatment and a lot of yanking and pulling.  
As I was working at it, I noticed that these weeds are very clever. 

Not only are they a force to be reconned with, but they work together as a team.  They wrap themselves around each other and become twice or three times as strong as a single vine.  I called them the devil and tried to cast them out, one by one, but it was as if they had a mind of their own, and the more I pulled, the more they fought back.  It took me hours to make any kind of headway.  

They would wrap themselves around the flower buds not allowing them to bloom.  I had to carefully unwrap each bud and said to myself, “this bud’s for you,” every time I would set one FREE.  It was very therapeutic.  and I think I saw the flowers smile back at me, but I am not for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment