Monday, July 6, 2015

My summer so far...

July 4, 2015

This has been the craziest summer of my memory.....Now mind you, I have little memory these days.....being all of 61years.....it is slowly but assuridly slipping away...it comes with age...I thought wisdom came with age, but now I am questioning that as well.
In May, Joe & I went on a 10 day trip to Europe by way of a barge called a viking cruise boat down the Danube River. We returned only to watch 2 Jacksonville grandgirls, while their parents go on an Alaskan cruise for 10 days. A day later we go to TX to get in a U-Haul truck and drive from Hawkins, TX to Florida hauling two hand made bunk beds (thank you James Musser). We get home and decide to move around 3 bedrooms so that the bunks would have a fitting resting place.  I manage to paint the bunk room a stunning TX blue and everything is in it’s place .... ready for my niece, husband, 3 kids, and 16 others made up of my children and 7 grands and 1 foster child to follow suit to celebrate the 4th!...I think I counted 21 total.  We had a house full of sticky snotty nosed windows, one kid threw up, several hit, bit, and probably spit, and we had hot dogs of many sorts, mac-n-cheese, baked beans, corn on the cob, treats of many kinds, and full tummies all around!  We swam, played tennis, made forts, managed a few theme parks in there (this is Florida, after all), and ate & drank ourselves silly!  And we aren’t through....The summer is only half way done.
As I was sitting here in a quiet house....something that hasn’t happened lately, I reflected upon how blessed and wonderful my God is.  We were walking into church yesterday, when Annie bends down to tell Julie, “Julie, this is Majo & Papa Jo’s church.  You will love it. It is beautiful here.”  They held hands and walked each other to class and I thought....”Thank you God....We managed to get 5 kids dressed, hair in place, and in class before church started....This is a beautiful thing....then Annie proceeds to tell Julie the memory verse she learned at Camp Majo.....””Be Kind to one another. Eph. 4:32”.  And they were kind, if only for a little moment in time....before the hitting and biting took place once they got home, of course.!
     This weekend came to an end with wonderful news of yet another Sherwood grandchild coming into our lives come January.  Amanda is with child No. 3....making me a soon to be Majo of 8!...Eight as of now, that is...and who said “Eight is enough?” ....Don’t know why God continues to shower more grands my way....I guess it’s because He knows I will love them the best way a Majo can.....with all her heart and maybe a few ice cream treats!

Laura Jo, Julie, Evie, and Millie, who refused to pose!



No comments:

Post a Comment