Sunday, September 29, 2013

Celebration Day September 28, 2013


Dear Annie & Millie,                                                          Sept. 29, 2013

On September 11, 2013 you became official.  Officially chosen, loved, and adopted into a life of continual wonderment.
You now have two parents who want you, who fought for you, & who will change your life forever.  You have NO IDEA yet what all that means.  But as your Majo, I must tell you how very blessed you are!
Blessed beyond measure, shaken up and poured out.  The very house in which you live now, was built by your parents with a lot of blood, sweat, and tears.  It took them 3 years to complete, but was never complete, until you entered the threshold. You turned a house into a home.  Actually, you turned it upside down!  It will only get better from this day forward!
September 28, 2013 was a day of celebration.  It seems like it was only yesterday....oh yeah, it WAS yesterday! It required a bounce house along with fun, friends, & family who all came to show their love and support.  I have never seen so many people!  It just shows we serve a good God.  The day started out with rain, cloudy skies, and a wet bounce house!  I tried to bring the sunshine when I showed up, but apparently I don’t have as much pull as I thought!  Anyway, the sun did finally arrive, but not after a lot of soggy, muddy feet and frizzy hair.  Loved it all!  It was all good!
I look forward to many years with you two.  When I became a Mom I could not believe how rewarding it was.  Watching these kids grow up...it was my goal for them to love Jesus and their Mama....which I can say for certain that my goal was reached.....
Now I am a Majo....I have answered to a higher calling!  I was BORN for this gig!  So now my goal is for all of you to love Jesus and your Majo!  It appears for now, I am a Rock Star to you, so I got the loving the Majo part down.....I am sure my star will fade with time, (no doubt) so I am taking it for all it’s worth, while I have it....The years will come when friends are more important...I am prepared to take a back seat....but don’t expect me to go away quietly....I will shout from the roof tops how much I love my Grandbabies....
Laura Jo, you were my first.  I saw you born and I love your happy spirit.
Emily Jo, you are so funny to watch...so serious in wrapping your babies up...precious!
Claire...I love your ear to ear smile ..... it grabs my heart every time I see you.
Annie Grace, you are full of boundless energy and activity....I am sure the grace will follow...ha!
Millie Joy, you are indeed a JOY and laughter and light and love.
I have two more on their way.  A Majo’s work is never done!  Your love for Jesus will no doubt grow.  I hear you sing Jesus loves me....indeed He does....as do I!  May the Lord bless you and keep you.  May He shine His face upon you and give you peace.!












2 comments:

  1. Celebration time Laura Jo! I know you are about the "fun-est" grandma ever!! Thanks for such a delightful post about the joys of being a grandmother. Seems to me that you need a couple of football kicking, frog loving, snake catching grandsons in the mix! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for our growing family! So happy to have Annie & Millie as daughters and to welcome more nieces/nephews! :)

    ReplyDelete