Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A lot can happen in a year!


Exactly ONE year ago on July 12, 2012, Major changes came into the Harris household.  Adam & Stacy worked for months to get their foster parenting certifications, and two little ones came into their home that day.
Ally was 3, Millie 1.  Can you say topsy turvy?  It was a new world they were stepping into.  A world of diapers, little shoes, bath times, timeouts, bed times, lunch times, and hard times for sure....and more to follow.....no doubt!  It had been a difficult adjustment at times, but one that is with rich rewards.
Ally is, can I say ACTIVE?...ok, I just did.  She keeps me on my toes.  No sitting around with this one in the house.  She loves to swing, swim, and feed squirrels.  Of course, her version of feeding squirrels is yelling out the door, “COME ON SQUIRRELS!”....to which they run for their lives...ha, never a dull moment.
Millie smiles from one ear to the other.  She is very active as well.  She is a very good talker (will repeat whatever you say, so watch what you say)(I am talking to myself here) and loves to look at our fish.  Soon after she came into their lives, she was walking....or should I say running.  She loves books, dressing up, and ball room dancing(sorry, but I just threw that last one in for fun).
They have captured this Majo’s heart big time.  I never wanted them to have my whole heart, just in case they would be gone way too soon.  But last month, all the signs are heading toward adoption.  Papers have been filed, signatures on the dotted line, and middle names have been picked out.....and no, Jo is not one of them, to my disappointment!
It is Emiliana(Millie) Joy and Annie Grace....sounds perfect when you put Harris at the end. New names for a new home.  It has been a long road of infertility and heart break, but the future looks bright.  Two girls are getting a chance to live in a God-filled house with parents who I personally think are incredibly wonderful people...one to which I helped raise!  Stacy makes this mama so proud!
So lift up your mason jars and help me toast this milestone....ONE YEAR!...wow, it has gone by so fast!  May the years to come be full of wonder & hope....and of course JOY and GRACE!
I love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, mom! We're super excited too and can't wait for the adoption to be final. FYI - their names will be Annie Grace and Emiliana Joy (we'll still call her Millie). I got the Petition for Adoption today . . . things are starting to look more official.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all, most significantly these little girls! I know Sweet Stacy and Adam are thrilled to have them, but what a tremendous gift to be chosen to be their daughters! What a beautiful understanding they will have of God's love and the rescue Jesus gives us all! Praying blessings!

    ReplyDelete