Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Our ski vacation in Park City, Utah 2016

     
     Going to Utah with the family this year was quite an experience.  We had a condo with 16 people .... 8 kids, 8 adults, but I swear we were outnumbered!  With the whole Sherwood clan, there were 37 of us.  It made for challenging times and a lot of whining, and I am not talking about happy hour, I was talking about me(ha).
We do this ski thing every other year now, so that we make it possible for everyone to come....There were 7 rental cars, and 2 additional condos to house this gang of misfits!  We have a seafood buffet night, a bowling night, and this year we added a fireside dining night, which was my favorite!

There was plenty of snow and snowmen were made and shopping was done and plenty of food was shoveled in.  An overflow of goodness all around.  My waistline has definitely grown, along with this family!  
Steve, Joe’s brother, is our host and makes sure we are taken care of....with ski tickets, lessons, housing, cars, food....a sweet deal if your last name is Sherwood....just sayin’!
We ushered in the New Year by 9pm and could barely keep our eyes open.  We are a wild bunch for sure!  Brenda made her dip, I made pots of cowboy chili, and Joanne kept us filled up with tins of cookies and then more cookies!  Geez Louise!
So 2017 promises to be a stellar year....We have a new president, we (as in Joe & I) have new bathrooms, and next week, will have hardwood floors throughout the house.  A lot going on around here.
I would like to wish you and yours the best life has to offer....Health, Family, Grandkids, a good pair of reading glasses, clean underwear, a cell phone with good reception, a glass of sweet tea with lemon, a slice of garlic bread, a good hair cut and color, a kleenex when you need it...mine is dripping at the moment, so where is that box? A nice slice of pecan pie, a call from an old friend, & to run across an old photo of days gone by, that brings a smile to your face.
ABOVE all, I hope you pray to God every single day with praises of his provisions.  God is good and gives us so much more than we deserve!  He has saved my scrawny neck and I am thankful beyond measure!  So give a helping hand to someone in need....a glass of water, a sandwich, a smile, a prayer....We GET more when we GIVE more...it has been proven by scientist....actually, I just made that up....don’t really know for sure, but it sure does make me feel good, when my hand is stretched out and I give away a part of me....actually, after Christmas, there is more of me to go around...(ha)....I ate like a dad gum lumberjack!
If you are reading this, I am sending blessings your way!  Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment