Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Texas Bunk Room

If anyone knows me at all....they know that my roots run deep down into the heart of TEXAS, where I was born and raised.  So it only seemed fitting to have a Texas room in Florida.  But not anything would do.  My friend James Musser is a gifted carpenter from Hawkins, Texas.  I commissioned him to build me a couple of bunk beds. He didn't get the lumber from Home Depot, but actually went out on his property and "harvested" the wood, as he puts it. (it is cedar, BTW) It took him a good while to build these babies....They are a work of art.  

So....How do you get 500 pound bunk beds each, to Florida you may ask....good question....

You get a one way ticket, rent a Uhaul, drive to Hawkins, pick up the beds, and drive them back, silly!  How else?

I just so happen to have a husband who went along with my crazy plan.

...And a husband who is talented enough to put these babies together.  On our long ride back to Florida, we realized that the room we had planned for these beds would not do...just love when that happens! We needed a bigger room....so once home, we moved 3 bedrooms around, and of course, I had to paint this room in a Texas blue bonnet BLUE, right?  My sister, Glenda, made the blankets for the beds.  So EVERYTHING in here was made by a Texan!  Only thing left to say is YEHAW!...Come visit us....your bed is waiting for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment